The training materials shared on this page were developed by the North East Social Work Alliance (NESWA) Experts by Experience group (www.NESWA.org.uk).
These slides are designed to support a coffee morning induction event. The aim is to keep this event as informal as possible and provide an opportunity for networking and to gain familiarity with the campus.
You can use this form to evaluate the induction event.
You may also wish to develop an induction document. This should include (but may not be limited to) information about:
- The values underpinning involvement at your institution
- A summary of the ways in which educators by experience can get involved (including role descriptors)
- Any training that you offer
- Payments and the payment process
- Peer support and shadowing arrangements
- Key contacts
- Health and safety information
- Transport and parking arrangements
You can find a copy of the Northumbria University Welcome document here: Welcome document April_2019
You can find an accessible version of this document here: Welcome document accessible
Presentation skills and sharing your story
Interview Skills Training
Group observation training
These slides are designed to support Educators by Experience to understand be involved with the group observation part of the admissions process.
You can use this form to evaluate the training.